Planning a long-awaited vacation to Iceland? We understand – navigating through different COVID-19 border restrictions can be confusing since it varies from country to country. In today’s blog post we will share all important resources to help you prepare for your trip.
Life in Iceland is pretty much back to normal, with 86% of the population 12 years and older fully vaccinated, The Icelandic government continually remove restrictions that were implemented due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Iceland is open for vaccinated travelers. All travelers need to present a negative COVID-19 test result upon arrival to Iceland. Find out what rules apply to you.
- Pre-register before arriving in Iceland and confirm their departure day, if available.
- Present a certificate of full vaccination, or a certificate of the previous infection, at the border.
- Present a negative PCR test certificate against COVID-19. Rapid antigen tests are also valid.
- Download the Rakning C-19 app. We use it, amongst other things, to communicate negative testing results and helps to trace infections if necessary.
If the slightest suspicion arises that a person presented a forged certificate, he/she/they will be obliged to be tested twice with quarantine in between.
Most restrictions within-country have been abolished. The general assembly limit is 500 people, bars, restaurants, and clubs must close by 1 am (but not new guests admitted after midnight).
It is required to follow a 1-meter social distance rule and masks are compulsory in places where such rule can not be followed, such as crowded grocery stores, ferries, taxis, beauty salons, etc.
The latest information can be found covid.is.
If you need a negative test for your departure, there are a couple of places to you can get tested and receive a certificate.
- The Health Care centres offer PCR and rapid antigen tests in Reykjavik and Akureyri. More info: travel.covid.is
- Öryggismiðstoðin offer rapid antigen tests in Keflavik and Reykjavik (2 locations). More info: testcovid.is
- Arctic Therapeutics offer rapid antigen tests in Reykjavik and Akureyri. More info: covidtest.is
Worry-free bookings with Cheap Campervans
We offer a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the scheduled pick-up time. You don’t have to worry about losing your money even if you find out you can’t travel at the last minute. We will freeze your booking free of charge, all you need to do is call us (+354)768-7030 or write a message and we will do our best to accommodate you.
If you have questions regarding border screening, testing, quarantine, please visit covid.is. If you still don’t find information, there is an online chat option to contact a healthcare specialist.
If you have questions regarding your booking, or need to change/cancel it, please contact us.Back