Free Shuttle Service
We offer a free shuttle bus service to our customers at Keflavik International Airport and within the greater Keflavik(Reykjanesbær) area.
COVID: Please note that due to current restrictions it may take longer than usual to go through the airport security for both arriving and departing passengers.
How to Book a Shuttle?
- Please select the shuttle service option when making your booking and type in your flight/hotel information.
- If you don’t have your address or flight information yet, don’t worry, you can always send it to us later email@example.com
- Try to select the pickup time at least 30 minutes after you land. Typically it takes 30-50 minutes to go through the baggage claim and customs.
- When you return the camper van, there is no need to schedule it in advance. Just arrive earlier to unpack and drop off the van.
Where should I wait for you at the airport?
After you go through baggage claim and customs, you will enter the arrivals area. You can wait anywhere in that area, including the seating area nearby. Please do not wait in the departures area or at the restaurants near the departure area. When it is getting close to your scheduled shuttle time, please keep an eye out for us and let us know when you see us. We will be holding a sign with your name on it.
Can I use your shuttle if I’m outside Keflavik?
We only offer our free shuttle service within the Keflavik area.
If you are staying in Reykjavik you need to make your own way to our office, or the airport, and you have some options:
- The way most of our customers do it is that they take one of the Airport buses from Reykjavik to Keflavik airport. Once you reach the airport we could then simply come and pick you up and take you to our office which is pretty close. This is a pretty simple and economic option but you would need to let us know when to pick you up from the airport.
- Another way would be taking the public bus number 55 which stops very close to our office at the bus stop “Tjarnarhverfi”. It’s a lower price than the airport bus but a little bit more complicated in my experience. You can see the bus schedules on their website www.bus.is.
- The final and most convenient way is a taxi of course, but unfortunately, taxis are a bit expensive in Iceland and the ride would probably cost around 13,000-15,000 ISK (110-130 USD).
Can I pick up or return the camper van outside opening hours?
The campervan can only be picked up during our 08:00-17:00 opening hours. You would need to find accommodation in the area and have us pick you up the next morning. However, we offer a free 24/7 campervan dropoff service, so you can return the van at any time.
What if my flight is delayed and/or lands after the last shuttle?
We’ve all been there and we feel your pain. But our opening hours are from 08:00 to 17:00 and we only offer a free shuttle service to/from the airport during those hours.
– If your flight lands in Iceland at 17:00 or later, we suggest finding a place to stay until we open. Just let us know about this change immediately so we can reschedule the shuttle for you. For example, if your flight arrival changed from 15:00 to 22:00, you will have to pick up your camper van at 08:00 the next day, at the earliest. There are many accommodations available in the Keflavik area.
– If your flight lands before 17:00, we will wait for you to go through security. Just make sure to have scheduled an airport pick up. For example, if you land at 16:45, and miss the last shuttle, we will find somebody to pick you up. However, if your plane lands at 17:05, unfortunately, you will need to find accommodation in the area until the next day.
How does your 24/7 drop-off service work?
When using our booking engine, you are choosing to use this service if you select a drop-off time outside our 08:00-17:00 office hours. If you decide to use this service, please keep the following in mind:
- We won’t be there to assist you when you return the van.
- Please leave the van in the designated “campervan drop off” area
- You will have to leave your campervan key in the designated return box by the front entrance
- You won’t be present during the campervan inspection. This means that in case of car damage, we can only communicate with you remotely, through email and/or phone. We will be unable to give you an idea of the expected cost or provide you with other useful information that we try to give our travelers in those circumstances in person.
- You will not have access to our free shuttle service.
- We will not be able to provide you with a physical copy of your invoice. You can always email us if you need digital copies or have questions about anything.
- We cannot guarantee assistance with your campervan dropoff even if you end up returning the van late when the office has opened. For example, if you schedule a dropoff time at 06:00 but end up returning at 08:30 without letting us know, your dropoff will still be considered “after hours” with all the limitations it entails, such as the free shuttle.